Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Am Thankful For...



Mom and Dad,

I know I don't tell you nearly enough, but I want to let you know that I am so grateful for everything you do for me.

I'm Thankful For You...

-Going to hundreds of soccer games, even if it was pouring snow and 20 degrees outside.

-Giving me memories that I will remember forever.

-Teaching me the importance of family.

-Always sticking by me through thick and thin.

-Teaching me about the gospel and that I am a child of God.

-"Staying" up for us on the weekends to make sure that we get home safely. (I know you still love me even if you are "just resting your eyes" when I find you on the couch) 

-Working so hard to give us everything  we could ever want and more.

-Staying up until 3 o'clock in the morning just to listen to me blabber on about my date and how cute I think the boy was.

-Sacrificing everything you have, to make me the person that I am and the person that I hope to become.

I know that I could go on and on.  This list is just going to get longer as I get older and realize the small things you have done for me.  I am so blessed to have you both in my life and you mean so much to me.  I love you!

Love,
Kayla

5 comments:

Judy said...

Gomers,
If you could see me now, you'd see tears in my eyes! Kayla, you are a lovely young woman and I can't wait to see where your life takes you! We love you guys and can't wait to be able to see you more often!

Love, Aunt Judy

Janis said...

What a sweet post. I thought it was you, Stacy thanking your parents, and then it is signed Kayla.

It just made the whole thing even sweeter.

You are very lucky parents!

Kathy said...

What a sweet post! So much to be grateful for! How thoughtful of you Kayla. You're such a sweetheart!

Jill said...

Hey Gomers! Love your blog - it's fun to see you all again. Congrats on the move to Utah - I know you'd been hoping for a long time. I hope everything goes well and you love it there!! Our blog is private but I'll send you an invite if you send me your e-mail address....jwalker92@charter.net.
Happy New Year!!
Jason & Jill Walker

P.S. Kayla - you are awesome! Love this letter to your parents. Congrats on Homecoming, Soccer, ETC. Tell everyone "hi" for us!

Crystal & Brandon said...

hi!!!!!! oh your kids are beautiful!!!!! soo cute. good for your daughter and her soccer. thats just so awesome. i was so happy to talk to you and cant wait to see you!!! thanks for the call